Fifteen

Listening to the latest episode of twit again.

Once you get into the habit of doing something a certain way, you get used to doing it that way. If your webhost seems to support all the things that you throw onto its servers, then you get used to stuff working just like that. (I wouldn't say that for the laconi.ca install, but still, most of it just worked out of the tarball!)

I stopped checking requirements pages long ago. I assumed that since Wordpress 2.7 worked, WP 2.8 would also work.

So, what is the difference between PHP v. 5.2.10 and 5.4.3?
x10hosting.com uses PHP v. 5.2.10. WP needs v. 5.4.3. I never actually bothered to check whether x10 fulfilled the reqs. Which cannot parse the code WP 2.8 uses to connect to the database. I wish they'd use some legacy code for the DB connection! Oh well. That's the price of progress, I suppose.



UPDATE: I was wondering whether the earlier releases of WP MU were to be found. Guess I should have looked at the trac: Wordpress MU 2.7

UPDATE: I can't stay up any longer, bed time now. It's 1:42 AM!
Post a Comment